i am an unrequited astronomer, pretend patient, gentle adventurer, pedal enthusiast, recovering calligrapher, occasional thespian and unfinished poet living in portland, oregon. contacting me via email is usually a good idea.
1:30 AM: the end of one season is the beginning of another
someday i'll be all caught up. in the meantime, this is what's been happening the last couple of weeks:
* sven, kristen, todd & i went on the bull run watershed tour. i love getting to go places you ordinarily can't go. it's beautiful up there. it's also a long winding road that made me a bit carsick. the tour guide noted that we were about 40 years younger than the other members of the tour.
[bull run dam]
* we celebrated m5000's birthday with an indoor geocaching & legobuilding hunt (good activities for introverts!). we won a gift certificate to powell's which we have already used on books for an upcoming trip to diamond, near the steens mountain range.
* i'm still going to the lents farmer's market whenever possible, with a stop at trillium artisans. on one trip i stopped for a late lunch at the arleta library bakery cafe: yum! homemade lemonade and some really good biscuts & gravy. plus, the people were supernice.
* i stopped by the park blocks to see obt exposed. i'm not normally a ballet person, but i enjoy seeing the creation process and rehearsals for any stage performance.
* nw has a new paper store at irving & 23rd: paper source. ee!
* i spent last sunday numbering athletes in the pre-dawn dark at the portland triathalon. not long after that i twisted my ankle and have spent the rest of the week limping around portland. fortunately, i can bike again now.
* pix is looking for a buyer! eep! i hope if they find one it will be lavished with attention and care for years to come and that the quality remains the same.