i am an unrequited astronomer, pretend patient, gentle adventurer, pedal enthusiast, recovering calligrapher, occasional thespian and unfinished poet living in portland, oregon. contacting me via email is usually a good idea.
8:53 PM: sick days
hey, look! back to lists! i've been sick most of the month, but this is what i've been doing in the meantime:
* making friends with my new laptop, antimony (named after a gunnerkrigg court character)
* attending fertile ground, where sven produced two of his own plays and was in an additional two plays
* bicycling a lot less than i would like. i tried biking during the early sickness on the theory that it would keep me from getting sicker, but it didn't work out that way and i have suffered through the last several beautiful days of weather wishing i could ride. i discovered trail guru and i've ben using it to map my rides. also of note: bike racks are being vandalized at my dry cleaners & at freddys. people are actually unscrewing & prying them from the concrete. also, AAA offers "towing" privileges for bikes now.
[renting a valentine's day tandem with sven]
* other events: unbirthday lunch, massage, soaking pool & dinner at edgefield; powell butte trail & park feedback meeting; kristen's bday; soaking at common grounds; margaret's chinese new year tiger party; foster burger & hammy's pizza
* jobs: i applied for a call center job at ppso thinking it was ppcw; ohsu has been using me frequently as a standard patient, which i truly love; no word from the census.
* movies: avatar, dralion, caprica, royal tenenbaums, the darjeeling limited, ink, 9, i’m not there, the happiness of the katakuris. torchwood is still making me roll my eyes.
* last but not least, i found out my dad has cancer again. they installed a chemotherapy port a couple of weeks ago. he doesn't really want to talk about it.