i am an unrequited astronomer, pretend patient, gentle adventurer, pedal enthusiast, recovering calligrapher, occasional thespian and unfinished poet living in portland, oregon. contacting me via email is usually a good idea.
10:23 PM: updates
just finished responding to the last of the cat condolences. i updated amelia's post, but the academy awards list of people to thank include sven, michaelmas, a random visit from australian blogger matpalm, markalope, dang, ann, terrilynn (who lost hobbes recently), briant, mph, cindy, chuck, susan brown (wow!), jennifer nowotny, bryan, gerrie & colleen mcluckie.
other than that, a brief bulleted guide to my week:
* jalex finished the narm test wednesday, the last thing she needs to do to finish her midwifery requirements. hooray!
* i was watching arwen for michaelmas until he returned from seattle. she was pretty unimpressed for most of it, though she did have a few good bouts of purring. steve. still. hasn't. returned my smartcards yet, the unreadble ones with half of my australia pictures on them that i've been wanting to send to a data rescue service for months.
* charlotte kelly, someone rob mead & i knew in high school, completely surprised me by finding me via my crusty & abandoned friendster profile.
* sven & i watched primer last night, which is very neat but is something i think is probably better to watch in a group so that you fill in the gaps about what the heck you think happened. primer is especially good w/ sven's new pizza dough recipe. :)
* if you're not reading up on scarlet star studios, you're missing reports on the portland artist's way open studio, the gresham art show ending, and my first fall artist's way registration.
* today sven & saw the "the carry on opera" at the backdoor theatre, which is a silent, expressionist half-hour version of the wagnerian ring cycle. for what it was, it was pretty good. though i can't say most people would enjoy it, i like sincerity & enthusiasm in a production, which this had going for it.
* afterwards, we spent some time w/ carl since he's still in town, dividing our time between hawthorne, a large tree at a school and ole ole.