i am an unrequited astronomer, pretend patient, gentle adventurer, pedal enthusiast, recovering calligrapher, occasional thespian and unfinished poet living in portland, oregon. contacting me via email is usually a good idea.
11:50 PM: even when you're writing about the future, you're still writing about the past
augh! so! much! stuff! in my! head! i can't do any of it justice, but it has to come out:
* hp lovecraft film festival: it was a delight to meet michael granberry (who won a brown jenkins! yeah!) & jim from goatman hollow, but the picture we took of cthulhu broke our camera! when we tried to take a picture of a girl in an awesome cthulhu costume, no matter what we did we could only get a strangely-colored blur. after the festival the camera mysteriously began working again.
* on friday i was paid to be proposed to three times, kissed twice, dance like an egyptian and wear a wedding dress much too small for me. i was recuited to be an actor at the go game at the skamania lodge, which was a blast! the mist rising from the columbia gorge even made it worth waking up at 6 a.m.
* then i went to the oregon shakespeare festival in ashland, where i met kristen & todd's friends john, shari, dean & andrea. we spent a relaxing weekend in the amazing lithia park and watching the importance of being earnest, a winter's tale and dr. jekyll and mr. hyde. i was surprised to find myself unmoved by any of them, and dr. jekyll actually made me physically ill with its attempt to explain his psychotic behaviour by invoking his ineffectual childhood.
* fortunately, we came home just in time to attend the dresden dolls concert, which included a surprise local butoh performance, an electronic musician, a violinist in an elaborate geisha outfit, jason webley (who was far better on stage than he was at burning man), and performance artists who cracked open their "pregnant" bellies w/ croquet mallets like pinatas. i defended my spot near the stage against a slew of rude people, using my pointy elbows, refusal stance, sly redirection techniques and direct confrontation.
* finally, the three pumpkins on the south side of the house are looking good! i'm so excited to pick them, but i'm torn about whether to carve them or eat them.