i am an unrequited astronomer, pretend patient, gentle adventurer, pedal enthusiast, recovering calligrapher, occasional thespian and unfinished poet living in portland, oregon. contacting me via email is usually a good idea.
10:20 PM: june moon croon spoon
it's finally june! i've been looking forward to this, the start of my "summer vacation." may wasn't such a great month for me and it was hella busy, so i'm hoping for peaceful epiphanies this month.
also worth mentioning:
* i'm so glad sam adams is mayor! none of the other city councilors i voted for won, but i don't have any complaints about the ones who did. sam was the one i -really- wanted to win; i would have been crushed if sho had gotten a majority, so it's super we've avoided a runoff. certainly i was the only one in our neighborhood with a sam sign, so i wasn't sure what would happen.
* i broke up with my acting coach. it's been hard since february but i'm stubborn and the process was giving me something i wanted (slowly, wrenchingly and despite her instead of because of her). but she finally wanted to "talk" and for me to commit to her methods, which are completely contrary to what i want from a support person. so. meh.
* michaelmas, sven, michael hall & i saw indiana jones: it was better than i thought it would be. :) i also saw shortbus, of which i had no preconceptions and it was, um, surprising. and then sven finally saw the golden compass, so i could finally talk about it with him. seeing it the second time was more disappointing than the first time, unfortunately.
* went to ground kontrol for my annual memorial day arcade pilgrimage. there's nothing that a good game of tempest or joust can't temporarily cure. (flap flap flap flap)
* i biked all the way to the new collage on woodstock, which means it's the longest bike ride i've ever been on (about 13 miles). it was great! i even found a little niche by johnson creek to stop and read. alas, today i took rose back to bike gallery because she had gear-slipping-and-skipping issues (since taking her to the "bicycle maintenance workshop," ironically enough). but i'd also really like her to stop ticking, which she only does while pedalling, and which she didn't do three weeks ago.
* jen has begun her aids lifecycle ride! sandy is in australia! leeann wants to come visit! zoe just graduated! cecilia's moving back to portland! jennifer's looking for a new HR job!