i am an unrequited astronomer, pretend patient, gentle adventurer, pedal enthusiast, recovering calligrapher, occasional thespian and unfinished poet living in portland, oregon. contacting me via email is usually a good idea.
[alex, sven, me, michaelmas and the fifth audience member]
* sven & i watched persepolis. i'd already read the graphic novels, so it wasn't a surprise, but still good. i don't think the scene in the airport works very well, though.
* sven & i attended jalex's aufruf, a special blessing before jalex & mari's wedding. it was neat to see; i haven't been to a jewish service since high school.
* i finally washed trixie and her magnets. let a new poetry season begin!
* my dad visited: it's the first time he's ever visited me. he's here on business for two weeks and thought he could fit in a lunch. fortunately, portland is easy to fall in love with, especially when the weather is as beautiful as it is. we took him to edgefield and walked around the grounds.
[can you see the resemblance?]
* also, it turns out that putting silver on aluminum foil and pouring hot water & baking soda over it really does remove tarnish.
it was neat to see; i haven't been to a jewish service since high school